FOREST Fire Management Victoria has advised a planned burn will be carried out from 11am this morning.
The burn will take place on 61.3ha of land at Trentham Racecourse, two kilometres south east of Trentham.
The burn will be ignited at 11am and will conclude at 8pm.
Smoke may be visible in nearby communities.
What to do about:
· If you are experiencing any symptoms that may be due to smoke exposure, the Department of Health and Human Services advises that you should seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024
· Close windows and doors to prevent smoke from entering
· Road travel may be hazardous due to low visibility associated with smoke
· Signs may be in place to slow traffic. Obey all traffic signs and instructions from fire agency crews near the burn
· For travel times and roadworks check http://traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au
ACCESS TO FOREST/PARK RECREATION SITES
· Be aware of planned burns happening in your local area and stay clear of areas where burns are taking place or areas that have recently been burnt
· Access to walking tracks, car parks, camping grounds and picnic sites in areas close to or in burn areas may be restricted
For parks closures, please refer to Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or visit http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/
Keep up to date with planned burning at ffm.vic.gov.au/plannedburn, on the VicEmergency Hotline on 1800 226 226 or through the Vic Emergency app.
Sign up for automated notifications about planned burns near you via ffm.vic.gov.au/pbns
Callers who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment can contact via the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677.