Severe thunderstorms bringing heavy rainfall and flash flooding could hit near Daylesford on Monday afternoon.
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for areas east of Daylesford, with Kyneton expected to cop the full brunt of the storm.
Other possible affected areas could include Trentham and Woodend.
The State Emergency Services advises people should:
- Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
- Don't drive, ride or walk through flood water.
- Be aware that in fire affected areas, rainfall run-off into waterways may contain debris such as ash, soil, trees and rocks.
- Be alert that in areas recently affected by fires, heavy rainfall increases the potential for landslides and debris across roads.
- Stay indoors if possible.
- Avoid using the phone during the storm.
- If you are outside, avoid sheltering under trees
- Listen to the radio for storm updates
- Switch off your computer and electrical appliances
The next warning is due to be issued by 6.10pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 217